500 years of joie de vivre
During its first century the building on the Walther-Platz square – at the time just within the town walls – was owned by aristocratic families who leased it out. It was not run directly by the respective owners until 1719. After several changes of owners and tenants it was acquired 1816 by Peter Staffler from the hamlet of Siffian on the Ritten mountain.
Since then the inn and the later Hotel Greif has been owned continuously by the Staffler family who had it completely restored in the years from 1993 and 1999. It reopened in grand style in 2000
as a modern designer hotel